Day 23: SOMETHING OLD

I often catch myself in daily life remembering things my grandmothers did or something they told me. Girls probably remember more of what their grandma's share and boys their grandpa's. But it's lovely to have had this in my life. A connection going way back. Sharing ways, beliefs, joys and even tragedies, that made them who they were. This in turn helped shape me. And in turn, I am helping shape my nephews. The old ways, the more traditional ways, are ways I long for now. Ways that I keep passing on to the younger generations, as I fear for them entering an increasingly fast paced and materialistic world. Hold onto what you value from the old ways and share it with those who are our future. A way to slow down and preserve our beautiful earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment